Friday, March 19, 2010

Category: Salesmen EXCELLENT SALESMANSHIP

A keen country lad applied for a salesman's job at a city department store. In fact it was the biggest store in the country - you could get anything there. The boss asked him:

“Have you ever been a salesman before?”

“Yes, I was a salesman in my hometown,” - said the lad.

The boss liked him and said:

“You can start tomorrow and I'll come and see you when we close up.”

The day was long and arduous for the young man, but finally 5 o'clock came around. The boss duly showed up and asked:

“How many sales did you make today?”

“One,” - said the young salesman.

“Only one?” - blurted the boss, - “most of my staff make 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale worth?”

“Three hundred thousand, three hundred and thirty four dollars,” - said the young man.

“How did you manage that?” - asked the flabbergasted boss.

“Well,” - said the salesman - “this man came in and I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium hook and finally a really large hook. Then I sold him a small fishing line, a medium one and a huge big one. I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast. I said he would probably need a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and sold him that twenty-foot schooner with the twin engines. Then he said his car probably wouldn't be able to pull it, so I took him to the car department and sold him the new Deluxe Land Cruiser.”

The boss took two steps back and asked in astonishment:

“You sold all that to a guy who came in for a fish hook?”

“No,” - answered the salesman. “Actually, he came in to buy a box of Tampons for his wife and I said to him, ‘Sounds like the weekend is a loss, so you may as well go fishing.’”

Add to Technorati Favorites Throw Back Guy: Professional jerseys from NFL, NHL, NBA, & MLB teams. Buy jerseys at cheap clearance prices. Get up to 40% off retail jersey prices. http://www.throwbackguy.com
Custom Search

No comments: