Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Category: Doctors and Patients

C'EST LA VIE

A man came to the small town clinic with dull red lesions in the genital area. The doctor examined him and said:

“I am sorry, Sir, but you have syphilis.”

“But I just slept with my wife and Mrs. Peabody,” - claimed the patient.

“I really don’t care who you had intercourse with, I just state the facts.”

He gave the patient the necessary medication and turned to his next case. A fortnight later, another man came in with similar chancres. The physician found that he too had contracted syphilis. This patient also claimed to have slept only with his wife and Mrs. Peabody. So it went for almost a year. Every month or so, another patient with syphilis turned up at the clinic and each man protested that he only had intercourse with his wife and Mrs. Peabody.

One day, another middle-aged gent appeared with the usual symptoms. When the doctor diagnosed the same venereal disease, the man protested:

“But I only slept with my wife!”

C’est la vie, Mr. Peabody,” - sighed the physician.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: