Monday, November 22, 2010

Category: Ethnic Stories

JEWISH DOG

A Jew named Hirsch lived alone in the outskirts of the small town with a pet dog he doted on. The dog finally died and Hirsch went to the rabbi and asked:

“Rabbi, my darling dog, who for the last 15 years has been my only companion and who was such a comfort to me in my loneliness, has passed away. Could I bury be him in the Hirsch family plot in cemetery?”

The rabbi replied:

“No, we cannot bury the creature in our cemetery, but I know the minister of the church down the road, maybe he'll able to do something for the animal.”

Hirsch said:

“I'll go there right now. Do you think a donation $50,000 would reward him for his help?”

The rabbi asked:

“Why didn't you tell me the dog was Jewish?”

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: