Friday, January 14, 2011

Category: Marital Bliss

UNBEARABLE LOSS

After placing some flowers on his mother’s grave the man started walking back to the cemetery gate, where he has left his car. On the way, he noticed a man kneeling before one of the graves, praying with devotion:

“Why did you have to die, why did you have to die?”

Our man went over to the mourner and addressed him:

“Sir, I don’t want to intrude on your grief, but I must tell you that I’ve never seen such immense pain as you exhibited in your prayers. Whom are you mourning so deeply? A child? Your parents? May I respectfully inquire who is it who is buried here?”

The mourner raised his tear-speckled face and in a broken voice answered:

“My wife’s first husband. Oh, why did he have to die, why, why?”

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: