Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Category: Ethnic Stories

STRANDED

Morris & Esther, an elderly Jewish couple, were on an airplane flying to the Far East when over the public address system the Captain announced:

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning and this plane will be going down momentarily. Luckily, I see an island below us that should be able to accommodate our landing. This island appears to be uncharted; I am unable to find it on the maps. So the odds are that we will never be rescued and will have to live on the island for a very long time, if not for the rest of our lives.
A few minutes later, thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane landed safely on the island, whereupon Morris turned to his wife and asked:
"Esther, did we pay our charity pledge to the Yeshiva yet?"
"No, Morris," – she responded.
Morris smiled, then asked:
"Esther, did we pay our United Jewish Appeal pledge?"
"Oy, no I forgot to send the check!"
Now Morris laughed.
"One last thing, Esther. Did you remember to send our Temple Building Fund check this month?"
"Oy, forgive me Morris, I forgot that one too!"
Now Morris was practically choking with laughter.
Esther asked Morris:
"So what are you smiling and laughing about?"
Morris responded:
"They'll find us."

Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

No comments: