Friday, August 12, 2011

Category: Ethnic Stories
TEETOTALER
An Irishman walked into a bar in Dublin, ordered three pints of Guinness and sat in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finished them, he came back to the bar and ordered three more. The bartender said:

“You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time.”
The Irishman replied:
“Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.”
The bartender admitted that this was a nice custom and left it there. The Irishman became a regular in the bar and always drunk the same way: He ordered three pints and drunk them in turn. One day, he came in and ordered two pints. All the other regulars noticed and fell silent. When he came back to the bar for the second round, the bartender said:
“I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss.”
The Irishman looked confused for a moment, then a light dawned in his eyes and he laughed:
“Oh, no,” – he said, – “everyone's fine. I've just quit drinking.”

Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

okey, I think I am going to try this with food now...thanks for the joke.