Monday, March 19, 2012

Category: Genies, Jinns and Fairies 
WISHFUL THINKING
A husband and wife played golf at a posh golf club. Stately homes were lined up on both sides of the golf course. It was the wife’s turn, she hit the ball and with a spectacular arch it landed directly in the enormous picture window of the nearby mansion. A loud crash ensued; the glass broke into a million pieces and then quiet resumed. The couple ran over to the house, called through the broken window, but nobody answered. They looked into the room and saw a turbaned man sitting on a couch.
“Do you live here?” - asked the wife. 
“Oh no. Just now somebody threw a stone, which broke that vase yonder and I was finally freed.”
“So you are a jinn?”
“Yes and to show you how grateful I am for releasing me, I’ll fulfill two of your wishes. I would like to keep the third wish for myself.”
After a whispered consultation the couple asked first that the husband would become the world’s best professional golf-player and secondly that they would have a million dollar yearly income. The jinn nodded and said:
“Consider it done,” - then turned to the husband - “and as for my wish, I want to sleep with your wife. I wasn’t with a woman for a thousand years and after all I just turned you into the best golfer of the world and a millionaire.”
The couple saw reason in the jinn’s arguments and agreed. The two retired into one of the bedrooms and when all was over, the jinn asked:
“My dear, how long have you been married?”
“For three years.”
“And since when do you believe in jinn tales?”
Add to Technorati Favorites
   
Custom Search

No comments: