Sunday, February 07, 2010

Category: Ecumenical Stories WELL, I'LL BE...

A man, reeking of alcohol, flopped on a subway seat next to a priest. The man’s tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick and a half empty bottle of rum was sticking out of his ripped jacket pocket. He opened his newspaper and started reading. After a few minutes, the disheveled guy turned to the priest and asked:

“Say, Father, do you know what causes arthritis?”

The priest, disgusted by the man’s appearance and behavior, snapped:

“It’s caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and contempt for your fellow man!”

“Well, I’ll be,” – the man muttered and returned to his newspaper. The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized:

“I’m sorry to have come on so strong – I didn’t mean it. How long have you been suffering from arthritis?”

“I don’t have it, Father. I was just reading here that the Pope does.”

Add to Technorati Favorites Throw Back Guy: Professional jerseys from NFL, NHL, NBA, & MLB teams. Buy jerseys at cheap clearance prices. Get up to 40% off retail jersey prices. http://www.throwbackguy.com
Custom Search

No comments: