Thursday, March 25, 2010

Category: Computers CONSPICOUS LANDMARK

Lest I be accused of being biased towards the giant corporation mentioned in the following story, I heard it from a high-ranking officer of that same corporation at a public presentation introducing its new line of products:

A passenger airplane found itself in a heavy storm. Strong winds buffeted the plane, a tremendous bolt of lightning knocked out the electrical system, the instrument panel became dark and the pilot lost his bearings completely. The frightened passengers were convinced that these were their last minutes. The pilot descended below the clouds and tried to find a landmark to orient himself. Suddenly a tall building appeared with a man on its roof. The pilot opened the cockpit-window and picking up a megaphone, shouted:

“Excuse me Sir, where am I?”

“You are in an airplane,” - came the ready answer.

The pilot executed an 80° turn and landed the airplane at Seattle airport. The grateful passengers hugged the captain and thanked him for saving their lives. They just wanted to know how he had managed to perform this remarkable feat.

“It is really very simple,” - said the pilot. “As soon as I heard the man giving me some completely useless information, I realized we were at the ‘Microsoft’ building in Seattle. I knew the airport lies 80° off that building, so I circled around and landed.”

Add to Technorati Favorites Throw Back Guy: Professional jerseys from NFL, NHL, NBA, & MLB teams. Buy jerseys at cheap clearance prices. Get up to 40% off retail jersey prices. http://www.throwbackguy.com
Custom Search

No comments: