Thursday, September 16, 2010

Category: Ecumenical Stories

THERE IS MUCH TO LIVE FOR

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said:

“Stop! Don't do it!”

“Why shouldn't I?” - he said.

I said: “Well, there's so much to live for!”

He said: “Like what?”

I said: “Well...are you religious, or atheist?”

He said: “Religious.”

I said: “Me too! Are you Christian, or Buddhist?”

He said: “Christian.”

I said: “Me too! Are you catholic, or Protestant?”

He said: “Protestant.”

I said: “Me too! Are you Episcopalian, or Baptist?”

He said: “Baptist!”

I said: “Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God, or Baptist Church of the Lord?”

He said: “Baptist Church of God!”

I said: “Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?”

He said: “Reformed Baptist Church of God!”

I said: “Me too! Are you reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?”

He said: “Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!”

I said: “Die, heretic scum!” – and pushed him off.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: