Monday, September 27, 2010

Category: Ecumenical Stories

WRONG WORD

A gentleman was preparing to board a plane when he overheard a crewmember mentioning that the Pope was on the same flight.

“This is exciting,” - thought the man. “I’ve always wanted to meet the Pope.”

Imagine his surprise when the Pope sat down in the seat next to him. Still, the man was too shy to speak to the Pontiff. Shortly after take-off, the Pope began a crossword puzzle.

“This is fantastic,” - thought the man. “I’m really good at crosswords. Perhaps, if the Pope gets stuck, I can help him.”

After a while, the Pope turned to the man and said:

“Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word referring to a woman that ends in ‘unt’?”

Only one word leapt to mind.

“Good grief,”- thought the man, - “I can’t tell the Pope that word. There must be another.”

The man thought for a while and then it hit him. Turning to the Pontiff, he said:

“I think you’re looking for the word ‘aunt’.”

“Oh yeah,” - said the Pope. “Do you have an eraser?”

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: