Saturday, February 05, 2011

Category: Marital Bliss

FITTING PUNISHMENT

A man and his wife were on their way to visit some friends. The woman kept pestering her husband about his driving and warned him that the highway police will stop them. Just as she finished speaking, their car was flagged down by a policeman, who asked for the man’s driver’s license.

“What did I do?” - queried the man.

“You were speeding,” - replied the policeman.

“You see!” - interjected the woman. “How many times do I have to tell you to drive more slowly?”

Without another word, the policeman returned the driver’s papers and waved them on their way.

“Are you letting me go without a fine?” - asked the man incredulously.

“I think that you have been punished enough, my friend,” - said the policeman graciously.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: