Sunday, May 08, 2011

Category: Nouveau Riche

 WORTHLESS TRASH

The nouveau riche came into the antiquary and looked through some of the books. After a while he spoke up:
“Don’t you have anything new?”
“No sir, we deal in antique books.”
“I didn’t realize that these old books still have a market. Once I found an old bible in our attic. It was written in those funny-looking German letters and published by somebody named Got… Guten…”   
The antiquarian blanched and started trembling: “Maybe Gutenberg?”
“Yea, how did you guess? Still, it looked very old and was torn in several places, so I just chucked it out.”
“Oh my God! That must have been one of the first books ever published. It was worth a fortune.”
“I doubt it. On most of the pages there was some scribbling by a guy who called himself Martin Luther.”

Custom Search

No comments: