Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Category: Ecumenical Stories
HATE
Shlomo Birnbaum was crossing the street in Miami when he was hit by a bus and knocked unconscious. A Catholic Priest arrived about the same time the paramedics got there. Not knowing his religion, the Priest administered the last rites. Shlomo started to flutter his eyes and soon he was fully awake. The Priest told him about the last rites. Shlomo said:

"Well, I am Jewish but what you did couldn't hurt."
He couldn't wait to get home to tell his family about his experience. When he got there he said to his wife:
"Sadie, you won't believe what happened to your husband today."
She said:
"I don't have time. I am late for a Hadassah meeting. Your T.V. dinner is in the oven. See you later."
Shlomo then went to his daughter's room and said:
"Darling, you should hear what happened to your father today."
She said, "Daddy, I am on the phone with a friend planning a wedding shower. Please close the door."
Shlomo then went to look for his son.
"Son, let me tell you what happened today."
The son said:
"Dad, I am late for a date. I need the car and $100."
So Shlomo went into the other room, shook his head and thought:
"Here I am, a gentile for only two hours and already I hate three Jews."

Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

No comments: