Monday, August 08, 2011

Category: Ecumenical Stories
GADGETRY
A very distinguished lady was on a plane arriving from Switzerland. She found herself seated next to a nice priest whom she asked:
"Excuse me Father, could I ask a favor?"
"Of course, my child. What can I do for you?"
"Here is the problem; I bought myself a new sophisticated hair remover gadget for which I paid an enormous sum of money. I have really gone over the declaration limits and I am worried that they will confiscate it at customs. Do you think you could hide it under your cassock?"
"Of course I could, my child, but you must realize that I cannot lie."
"You have such an honest face Father, I am sure they will not ask you any questions," - and she gave him the 'hair remover.'
The aircraft arrived at its destination. When the priest presented himself to customs he was asked:
"Father, do you have anything to declare?"
"From the top of my head to my sash, I have nothing to declare, my son," – he replied.
Finding this reply strange, the customs officer asked:
"And from the sash down, what do you have?"
The priest replied:
"I have there a marvelous little instrument destined for use by women, but which has never been used."
Breaking out in laughter, the customs officer said:
"Go ahead Father. ................Next!"


Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

No comments: