Thursday, September 01, 2011

Category: Ethnic Stories

JEWISH LOGIC

A young man, Yossi and an elderly man Hymie were riding on a bus in Jerusalem. Yossi asked:
"Excuse me, sir, what time is it?"
Hymie hat sich gemacht nit vissen dik (didn't answer). Yossi asked again:
“Sir, what time is it?"
Hymie still did not answer.
"Sir, forgive me for interrupting you all the time, but I really need to know what time it is. Why won't you answer me?"
Hymie turned his head and said:
"Son, the next stop is the last on this route. I don't know you, so you must be a stranger. If I answer you now, according to Jewish tradition, I must invite you to my home. You're handsome and I have a beautiful daughter. You will both fall in love and you'll want to get married. And tell me, why
would I want a son-in-law who can't even afford a watch?"

Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

No comments: