Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Category: Ethnic Stories
AS SAFE AS ANYWHERE
Chuck was sitting in an airplane when another passenger took a seat beside him. The new guy was an absolute wreck -- he was pale, his hands were shaking, he was biting his nails and moaning in fear. "Hey pal, what's the matter?" - Chuck asked.
"Oh man ... I've been transferred to Michigan," - the other guy answered. "There are crazy people in Michigan and they have shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, the highest crime rate ..."
"Hold on," - Chuck interrupted, - "I've lived in Michigan all my life and it is not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school -- and it's as safe as anywhere in the world."
The other passenger relaxed and stopped shaking for a moment and said:
"Oh thank you. I've been worried to death, but if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"
"Me?" - said Chuck. "Oh, nothing special. I'm a tail gunner on a bread truck in Dearborn."
 Add to Technorati Favorites
Custom Search

No comments: