Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Category: 'English' Jokes

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?
During the workweek at lunchtime, a secretary used to frequent the same restaurant, located conveniently near her office. She soon noticed another permanent guest of the establishment, wearing a nice carrot in his left ear. Being an Englishwoman who does not meddle in other people’s affairs, she did not comment on the unusual ear-wear and after finishing her meal went quietly on her way.
Then one day, the man came in with a fresh green cucumber in his ear. This time the girl’s curiosity overcame her usual reticence and she turned to the man:
“Excuse me for my impertinence, but I could not help noticing that you have a cucumber in your ear.”
“I am really sorry,” – replied the man, – “but I just could not get a carrot at the greengrocer’s today.”

Add to Technorati Favorites

Custom Search

No comments: